Monday, September 5, 2011

Falafel

I watched Melissa d'Arabian make falafel, but I thought it should be so much easier. So I roughly followed the idea behind her recipe, but I didn’t really follow the directions.

• 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/8 teaspoon curry powder (note to self: try cayenne next time)
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• forkful of greek yogurt

I mashed all the ingredients together with a fork. Then I rolled the mixture into 12 falafel balls. I baked them at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then rolled them over and baked for 10 more minutes. I broiled for 3 more minutes so they’d get crispy on top. I served them in a “life balance” tortilla with cucumbers, tomatoes, and a little sauce that I made from ½ cup greek yogurt and ½ teaspoon of dill. This was really tasty and pretty easy. I forgot to take a picture before I ate it, but I’ll take one of the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment