Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tuna and White Bean Shirataki

I made a rough version of Rachael Ray’s tuna and white bean pasta with gremolata bread crumbs recipe, specifically to eat as leftovers for lunch at work. I had already eaten dinner, didn’t have any leftovers from that, and thought this would be really fast to make before I went to bed.

• Pam cooking spray
• 1 teaspoon worcestershire
• 3 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
• 1 lemon
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 bag shirataki noodles, cut into small pieces
• 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 teaspoon rosemary
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth
• 1 can tuna, drained
• 1 roma tomato, chopped

I heated a pot of water to a boil for the noodles. Then I did the stuff below in 8 to 10 minutes, so it was done when the shirataki noodles were done.

I sprayed Pam in a pan & heated over medium-high with worcestershire, garlic, juice of 1 lemon, crushed red pepper flakes, white beans, and rosemary. When it bubbled a bit, I added broth, flakes of tuna, and chunks of tomato. I stirred for 2 more minutes, then strained the noodles & dumped them in the pan too. I took a bite while it was hot, and the taste was questionable. Maybe it was odd because I didn’t use all the ingredients & I didn’t follow all the instructions. Then again, I re-read some of the reviews, and somebody called it “glop” so perhaps I wasn’t the only one. But when I ate it for lunch the next day, I didn’t heat it, I just ate it cold (I sit near the break room & I didn’t want to smell microwaved tuna all day long). It was better when it was cold.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the Rachel Ray recipe; that's a lot of ingredients! It does look tasty, though.

    ReplyDelete