Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Margarita Shrimp Burrito

I went to the grocery store & got all irritated. They were out of a bunch of stuff I wanted, the lines were way too long, and some stuff wasn’t worth it because it wasn’t on sale. So instead of making Rachael Ray’s margarita fish soft tacos, I made just about the roughest interpretation ever:

• Flight size bottle of tequila
• 1 big squeeze (like a tablespoon?) from a plastic lime
• Approx 1 teaspoon each of “seasoned pepper” (black pepper, red bell pepper, sugar, spices*), paprika, celery salt, and cayenne pepper
• Precooked, frozen shrimp

I put it all in a pot & boiled for about 4 minutes. Then I shocked it in cold water & drained it. I put it in a "life balance" tortilla & started eating it, but I didn’t finish it. I didn’t really like it. I couldn’t really blame the recipe though because I didn’t follow it.

* Attention food label makers: "spices" was really vague. All the ingredients should have been listed. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment