Thursday, October 13, 2011

Almond Bread

I switched it up last night with a recipe from a book called Breaking the Vicious Cycle. It was a book I bought years ago, but never followed because I didn’t have time to do any of the things it recommended for intestinal health.

• 2 1/2 cups almond flour
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 3 eggs

I stirred it up, poured it my bread maker, and pushed the “bake” button. I liked the bread, but I think the honey glazed it, which roughly made the crust too dark. I wondered about all that butter. The recipe mentioned using yogurt instead of butter, but I only had greek yogurt and that sounded like a bad combo. It also said to use baking soda, but I didn’t have any, so I swapped it for baking powder (so I guess it wasn’t 100% gluten-free or specific-carb or whatever the book was about). My boyfriend wouldn’t eat it because he said almonds might contain cyanide. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment