Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tuna Melt

While rearranging my furniture, I found a book under my bed called Hungry Girl 1-2-3 by Lisa Lillian. I don’t know why it was under the bed, but apparently I was reading about recipes in my sleep. I needed a recipe for half a can of leftover tuna, so I was happy to see her totally terrific tuna melt.*

• Sandwich thin
• Half a can of tuna
• 1 Tbsp fat-free greek yogurt
• 1 Tbsp low-fat mayo with a squeeze of dijon mustard
• 1/2 Tbsp pickle relish
• Squirt of juice from a plastic lime
• Dash of garlic salt
• Dash of pepper
• Handful of cheddar flavor rice shreds

I lightly toasted the sandwich thins, combined all the other stuff in a bowl (except the cheddar shreds), then spread the tuna mixture on the sandwich thins, topped each with some cheddar, and broiled in the toaster oven until the cheese melted. I ate it for breakfast this morning because I was out of cereal. I liked it.

* Neither the ingredients from the link, nor the ingredients I listed, were exactly as written in the book. But the link was the closest recipe I could find on her website, and my ingredients were roughly the closest equivalent in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment