Thursday, October 6, 2011

Creamed Spinach

I came across this show called 5 Ingredient Fix. I wondered if it might become my new favorite. Until then, I decided to start with Claire Robinson’s easy cheesy spinach. She said to BYOC (become your own chef), so I roughly followed her advice & made some changes.

• 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
• 1 (10-ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
• 1/2 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp garlic

I ate it, but I don’t know if I 100% liked it. It didn’t really look or taste like any creamed spinach I’d ever had. Then again, I had never made it before. In addition, I didn't use the recommended ingredients or totally thaw and dry the frozen spinach. After further consideration, I also realized that I’d been thinking of spinach soufflĂ© anyway. However, it was really good a couple days later when I used it in my egg mug omlette.

No comments:

Post a Comment