Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tuna Faux-Sotto

I had roughly just enough rice to make a single serving of Lisa Lillian’s dreamy shrimp & tomato faux-sotto. But, of course, I didn’t really have all the exact ingredients, so I had to fake up the “faux” a little more.

• 3/4 cups chopped cauliflower
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth
• 1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
• 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, patted dry, chopped (oh whoops… just noticed I didn’t dry them, chop them, or even half that measurement, but they were already julienned in the jar)
• 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
• 1/8 tsp. black pepper, or more to taste
• 2 Tbsp fat-free greek yogurt
• Half a can of tuna
• 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese,

I followed the directions, except that my brown rice was Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain Instant Brown Rice, so it was done in 10 – 15 minutes instead of 30 – 35. It looked so bad that I considered not taking a picture. But it was probably one of the best rice/tuna/cheese combo concoctions I’ve had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment