Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chicken & Broccoli Slaw

Once upon a time, I made these marinated chicken wings and took them to a potluck. People actually ate them & liked them. I decided to change it into a non-marinated non-wing recipe. I cut the recipe in half (since I didn’t need half to marinate), added some veggies, used thighs, & roughly revised a bit based on what was in the house.

• 1 lb chicken thighs
• 1/2 bag of broccoli slaw
• 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 2 tsp garlic salt
• 3 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp ground ginger

I cooked it in the crockpot on low for 3 hours, and then high for 30 minutes. When it was done, I strained it & served it over shirataki noodles. It was a little salty, but I still liked it as non-wings. I should really go to the store for some garlic. Using garlic salt in everything is probably bad for my sodium. But I’m not counting sodium, so that’s fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment