Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Turkey Chili Shirataki Spaghetti with Creamy Tomato Sauce

Rachael Ray made turkey chili topped turkey chili burgers, which I thought was a bit excessive. So I decided just to make the chili.

• 1/8 cup chili powder
• 1 Tbsp ground cumin
• 1 Tbsp seasoned pepper
• 1 pound ground turkey
• 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce
• 2 tsp garlic

I think I basically followed the instructions, but I noticed a couple issues when I was done. Her chili & mine both didn’t have beans, which I noticed from the list of ingredients, but didn’t think about until I ate it. My chili didn’t have any sauce, which could have been from cooking it too long, but I roughly thought I did what she said to do. So it tasted like spicy turkey, but it wasn’t like typical chili. For the leftovers, I mixed in the leftover half can of tomato sauce, served it over a combo of whole wheat spaghetti and shirataki noodles, and added a huge spoonful of greek yogurt. After I stirred it all up & microwaved it, that’s when it tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment