Saturday, August 20, 2011

Egg Mug

For a few days in a row, I made egg mugs for lunch at work. I didn’t really have the ingredients to make any of Lisa Lillian’s specific recipes, but I was roughly inspired to use whatever I had.

• 3/4 cup eggbeaters
• handful frozen broccoli
• handful frozen peas
• leftover diced chili peppers from a can (couple teaspoons?)
• a few cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 mini babybel light cheese wheel

I just put the eggbeaters in a huge mug, put the mug in the microwave, heated for 1 minute, stirred it up, put the frozen veggies and cheese in the mug too, heated for another 30 seconds & stirred. I can’t remember exactly how many times I heated & stirred… but when it got super fluffy & looked like the eggs were cooked… then I stopped heating, threw in the tomatoes, added some salt/pepper, and ate it. I forgot to take a picture, but it looked exactly like you’d expect eggs & veggies & cheese to look in a mug. Tasted just like eggs & vegetables, but I should have bought a can of hotter chili peppers. I recall that I complained about the peppers in a few past recipes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment