Friday, August 5, 2011

Tortilla

I made this recipe a few times in the past, basically the way it was written, and I liked it. So this time I revised it for what was in the fridge and/or within walking distance. This version of spanish tortilla is roughly based on a Melissa D’Arabian recipe. However, since I’m trying not to eat chorizo or salami, I walked over to Jack in the Box and got some grilled chicken strips. I cut up 2 of the 4 strips (saved 2 for later), and put them in an oven-safe skillet with 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp diced chili peppers, a handful of frozen broccoli, 1 grated mini babybel light cheese wheel, and 1 cup of eggbeaters. I cooked it 5 minutes longer than the recipe said. I cut it into 4 pieces, ate 2, and saved the other 2 for lunch at work. I don’t mean to brag, but I think this version is even better than the original. It could use a little more chili pepper, but I just realized I didn’t use any salt or pepper.

2 comments:

  1. Pictures please! Recipe blogs need pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another friend told me the same, so I guess it's true. Time to get ready for bad pics (taken with my phone, no flash, indoors). Ha!

    ReplyDelete