Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sauteed Cabbage and Pears

I was watching Melissa D’Arabian, and she said exactly what I was thinking. She said if you have leftover cabbage, about a week old, and you’re thinking that you might throw it away… make this instead. So I did. I roughly made her sauteed cabbage and apples recipe, with a few twists. I didn’t have apples, but I had a can of pear halves. I didn’t remember seeing any fennel seeds on the show, but I did recall brown sugar. And I didn’t have any wine, so I went with seasoned rice vinegar.

• 1 small leftover head green cabbage
• 1 pear, canned
• 1 Tbsp I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
• 1 Tbsp brown sugar
• 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar

It tasted really intriguing. I thought it was missing something though, and & didn’t belong in a bowl all by itself. What it was missing was a greasy bratwurst, but I refrained. Instead, I rode my bike to Wienerschnitzel and got a turkey dog to eat with it. It was really tasty. Since I candied up the cabbage with the butter, sugar, & fruit… the most redeeming part of the meal might have been the 6 mile roundtrip bike ride to get the turkey dog. Considering that I was going to throw away the cabbage, at least this recipe convinced me to eat my veggies instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment