Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wrap

Today I made a wrap for lunch. I spread some Dijon mustard on half a piece of this spinach flatbread/tortilla thing, crumbled up a leftover salmon burger on the tortilla, topped it with some pickled carrots, and then I rolled it up. I had a Tupperware container of cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, so I brought that to work too. I also had some plain Greek yogurt, so I dipped everything in it. Was it good? Eh… it was edible. Would I eat it again? Probably.

The salmon burgers were roughly based on a Melissa d'Arabian salmon cake recipe (before they became leftovers), but I didn’t put any of that junk in there. I used 1 (14-ounce) can salmon, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and some eggbeaters (I don’t know how much, cuz I just poured some out of the carton). I also didn’t fry them. I baked at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, flipped them over, did 10 minutes more, then switched to broil for 2 minutes, flipped again and broiled for 3 more minutes.

The pickled carrots were roughly based on Aarti Sequeira's banh-mi vietnamese grilled pork sandwich recipe, but I used half the amount of sugar, didn’t put in any salt, and didn’t make the sandwich.

2 comments:

  1. It does take effort to keep one of these things going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’ll be especially hard to keep going when I run out of new recipes (or ingredients) & just start eating the same thing every day. Ha!

    ReplyDelete