Monday, August 15, 2011

Quinoa Tabbouleh

I made Aarti Sequeira’s quinoa tabbouleh yesterday. I basically followed the recipe, but I only had enough ingredients to make half of it, plus I did swap out a few herbs & spices.

• 1/4 cup quinoa
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth
• juice of 1/2 a lemon
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp of yesterday’s leftover garam masala, cumin, salt and pepper mix
• 1/4 tsp dill
• 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cucumber, chopped

I didn’t know what tabbouleh was supposed to taste like because the only one I tried in the past was also one that I made. This version was really good, in my opinion. It was better than the one I made before. I think the improvement was due to the vegetable broth (I just used water in the past), and the garam masala spice mix (I just used the dill previously).

No comments:

Post a Comment