Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spinach Chip & Avocado Dip

I made chip & dip as a snack for work today. It was roughly based on Lisa Lillian’s crispy lavash squares with HG hot couple dip recipe. Surprisingly, I used more ingredients than the original recipe. Even though I usually prefer to leave out a bunch of steps, this time I did more because of the spinach lavash flatbread in my fridge. I prefer the whole wheat lavash because it has a weaker flavor, but I didn’t have any. So I cut up half a spinach lavash into squares (half was how much would fit into my toaster oven, or I might have made more). I brushed the squares with low-sodium soy sauce & sprinkled them with garlic salt to mask the spinach flavor. Yes, perhaps it was odd that I added salt to a low-sodium product, but that’s what I did. Then I toasted them until I decided they were done. I didn’t trust my toaster oven so I didn’t use the timer, but I just stared in the window & turned it off when things looked toasty. As the dip, I used the leftover bell pepper/avocado/yogurt/cumin dip from yesterday’s Roast Beef & Chayote Tacos recipe. It was pretty good, but it might have been better if I had mixed in some salsa like she recommended.

Original:


Mine:

1 comment: